Giuseppe advises banks, financial intermediaries, investment firms, funds, industrial and commercial companies on acquisition finance, real estate finance, project finance, asset finance and supply chain finance.
Arrangers, investors, originators, servicers and rating agencies can rely on his experience in CMBS transactions (true sale and synthetic), securitisation of non-performing loans, trade receivables and real estate securitisations.
In corporate or debt restructurings, including bankruptcy law matters, he mainly acts as the lawyer for financial creditors. He also assists clients in the regulation of banking and investment services and acts as counsel in both domestic and international arbitrations relating to the matters on which he advises.
His expertise in real estate extends beyond financial law to the real estate aspects of the transactions in which he is involved.
Co-Chair of the Banking Law Committee of the International Bar Association until 2019, he was a long-time partner of leading law firms before founding the Schiavello & Co in 2015. He is a member of the Rome Bar Association and holds a law degree, maxima cum laude, at LUISS Guido Carli University.
Languages: English and basic knowledge of French.
“Highly Regarded Lawyer” – IFLR 1000 – 2019, 2020, 2021 e 2022.
“Giuseppe Schiavello has significant expertise in securitization, including the securitization of non-performing loans and trade receivables.” – Chambers Global e Chambers Europe, 2015.
“Recommended Lawyer” – Legal 500, Banking, 2015.
- Circostanze sopravvenute ed esecuzione del mandato, in Mondo Bancario, 1996.
- Trasferimento e pegno di titoli di Stato in gestione centralizzata presso la Banca d’Italia, in Mondo Bancario, 1997.
- A practical approach to arbitrato irrituale under Italian Law and its treatment abroad (Co-author: P.M. Patocchi), in The Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Law Journal, 1998.
- Commento agli artt. 85, 86 e 204 del D.lgs. No. 58 del 24 febbraio 1998, in Alpa and Capriglione, Commentario al Testo Unico delle disposizioni in materia di intermediazione finanziaria, 1998.
- Commento agli artt. 39, 40, 41, 42, 203 e 204 del D.lgs. No. 58 del 24 febbraio 1998, in Alpa and Zatti, Commentario alle leggi complementari al codice civile, 2000.
- CMBS in Italy: the current issues and the synthetic route, in Securitization of derivatives and alternative asset classes, Kluwer, 2005.
- Commento all’art. 18 del nuovo regolamento di arbitrato CCI (con Rosaria Arancio) in Briguglio, Salvaneschi, (a cura di), Regolamento di arbitrato della camera di commercio internazionale, Milano, 2005.
- A/B Structures in CMBS Transactions: an overview from an Italian perspective, in Innovations in Securitization Yearbook 2006, Kluwer, 2006.
- Servicing Italian CMBS Transactions, in Expansion and Diversification in Securitization Yearbook 2007, Kluwer, 2007.
- Project Financing ed energie rinnovabili: overview della documentazione legale da predisporre, in Il sole a trecentosessanta gradi, ISES.
- Clawback of security in insolvency, IBA Banking Law Committee Project, 2012.
- Chapter 12th, The lending and secured finance review, 5th edition The Law Review, 2019