Giuseppe advises banks, financial intermediaries, investment firms, funds and industrial and commercial undertakings in all sorts of financing and structured finance transactions.
The spectrum of his activities encompasses acquisition finance, project finance (co-generation and waste-to-energy plants, wind farms, photovoltaic plants, power sub-stations, water systems), asset finance (aircraft financing or leasing), real estate finance (mortgage financing involving commercial, office, or industrial real estate, as well as logistic centres and hotels) and supply chain finance.
Giuseppe advises the arranger, the investors, the originator, the servicer or the rating agencies in a number of CMBS transactions, and in the securitisation of non-performing receivables, trade receivables and WBSs.
He is involved in corporate or debt restructuring transactions, more often as the advisor of the bank lenders, covering also insolvency law issues.
He advises on the regulation of banking, financing and investment services and mutual funds.
Giuseppe acts as party-counsel in domestic and international arbitrations relating to the above legal matters.
Giuseppe is currently Co-Chair of the International Bar Association Banking Law Committee. He actively attends to the IBA Conferences, in most cases as speaker or session co-chair.
Giuseppe is a “recommended lawyer” by Legal 500 2015, on “Banking”.
Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2015 say about Giuseppe: “Giuseppe Schiavello has significant expertise in securitisation, including the securitisation of non-performing loans and trade receivables.”
Giuseppe is rated as an Highly Regarded Lawyer in IFLR 1000 2018.
Giuseppe has a degree, maxima cum laude, at the LUISS Guido Carli di Roma and is registered with the Rome Bar.
Giuseppe speaks Italian, English and conversational French.
- Circostanze sopravvenute ed esecuzione del mandato, in Mondo Bancario, 1996.
- Trasferimento e pegno di titoli di Stato in gestione centralizzata presso la Banca d’Italia, in Mondo Bancario, 1997.
- A practical approach to arbitrato irrituale under Italian Law and its treatment abroad (Co-author: P.M. Patocchi), in The Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Law Journal, 1998.
- Commento agli artt. 85, 86 e 204 del D.lgs. No. 58 del 24 febbraio 1998, in Alpa and Capriglione, Commentario al Testo Unico delle disposizioni in materia di intermediazione finanziaria, 1998.
- Commento agli artt. 39, 40, 41, 42, 203 e 204 del D.lgs. No. 58 del 24 febbraio 1998, in Alpa and Zatti, Commentario alle leggi complementari al codice civile, 2000.
- CMBS in Italy: the current issues and the synthetic route, in Securitization of derivatives and alternative asset classes, Kluwer, 2005.
- Commento all’art. 18 del nuovo regolamento di arbitrato CCI (con Rosaria Arancio) in Briguglio, Salvaneschi, (a cura di), Regolamento di arbitrato della camera di commercio internazionale, Milano, 2005.
- A/B Structures in CMBS Transactions: an overview from an Italian perspective, in Innovations in Securitization Yearbook 2006, Kluwer, 2006.
- Servicing Italian CMBS Transactions, in Expansion and Diversification in Securitization Yearbook 2007, Kluwer, 2007.
- Project Financing ed energie rinnovabili: overview della documentazione legale da predisporre, in Il sole a trecentosessanta gradi, ISES.
- Clawback of security in insolvency, IBA Banking Law Committee Project, 2012.